How we help enrich lives
If we are going to help our residents live better, then it is our responsibility to offer them every opportunity to be actively engaged and involved. At Extendicare Fairmont Park, we provide social and recreational services seven days a week - including holidays. These services are designed to meet the physical, emotional, spiritual, and intellectual needs of our residents. All activities are developed, organized and led by qualified staff and we offer both group and individualized services to meet residents’ unique needs and circumstances. Examples of our recreational services and activities include:
- Music Program: Our weekly music program features group sing -alongs and reminiscing through music.
- Live Entertainment: We have regular live entertainment featuring a variety of different performers from the community.
- Pet Therapy: We have weekly visits from the St. John’s Ambulance Pet Therapy animals as well as local volunteers who bring in their trained and approved dogs for resident visits.
- Bingo: Bingo twice weekly is a popular staple with our residents.
- Seated Exercise: We have daily seated exercise classes Monday through Friday that focus on strength, range of motion, balance and flexibility.
- Current Events Sessions: Daily Current Events Sessions keep our residents engaged and involved through discussion of world events and daily headlines.
- Baking Group: Every week, the baking group meets to fill our home with the aromas of fresh baked pies, cookies, breads and more.
- Gardening Group: Members of the Gardening Group like to exercise their green thumbs growing flowers and vegetables on our corner patios.
- Monthly Birthday Bash: At our Monthly Birthday Bash, residents enjoy a cake, candles, a card and a rousing chorus of “Happy Birthday to You”
We also offer a wide range of physiotherapy, cognitive, speech and occupational therapies according to the needs of our residents. Currently we offer:
- Occupational Therapist
- Speech Therapist
- Respiratory Therapist
- Recreational Therapist